“Join the Veteran Success Jam: Higher Education and
The American Council on Education (ACE) and the Kresge Foundation invite you to participate in the Veteran Success Jam on May 3-6, 2010. This three-day online brainstorming event will bring together thousands of veterans and their families, service members, campus leaders, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies to engage in a national conversation about higher education’s role in the successful reintegration of returning veterans.
As a veteran or someone who supports veterans, do you
When and How
You may join from any computer with Internet access. The event will be live and available anytime over the span of three days
Launch: Monday, May 3, 2010 @12 PM ET
Close: Thursday, May 6, 2010 @12PM ET
Registration is FREE and only takes a moment.
Option 1: If you have an email address that ends in .edu, .mil, or .gov, click here to register for the Veteran Success Jam (or go to https://www.collaborationjam.com/minijam2/veteransuccess/registration/).
What will be discussed? The Veteran Success Jam will address critical issues facing today’s veterans such as:
- What makes an academic institution truly veteran friendly
- Awarding academic credit for military training and occupations
- The new GI Bill and other education benefits
- How to support veterans and service members navigating their way to college
- How colleges, universities, and employers can support veterans transitioning to their next career
- Physical and psychological health challenges and how to better understand and support veterans facing these challenges
- Challenges and success stories of friends and families supporting and encouraging veterans
For additional information on the Veteran Success Jam, please visit our website at www.acenet.edu/Jam. If you have questions, e-mail the Veteran Success Jam Team at Jam@ace.nche.edu. You may also join us on Facebook by searching “Veteran Success Jam” and on Twitter by following “@VeteranJam” to stay updated on key activities leading up to the Jam.